71 Readers
103 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Spellwright (Spellwright, #1)

Spellwright (Spellwright, #1) - Blake Charlton It's very rarely now that an original fantasy novel arrives and this is what Spellwright is. It's an incredibly original story focusing on a world where all magery is controlled by the casting of runes and language. Throughout the story the magical power of language is explored and the idea that various forms of magical languages exist proved fascinating. I hope the sequel proves as interesting as the debut in this series because if it does it will prove a worthwhile read. And while I lack the true ability to describe any of the story line in its greatness I will simply say that it centres around one young man called Nicodemus Weal who has prodigious ability in spellwrighting - the casting of runes - the only problem being that he misspells anything magical he touches. As a result a whole lot of prophecy following forces are after him as either the saviour of the world, or its destroyer. Sound interesting? Then read this book.