74 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall - Charles Vess, Bill Willingham, Jill Thompson, Esao Andrews, Mark Buckingham, John Bolton, James Jean, Derek Kirk Kim, Mark Wheatley, Brian Bolland, Michael Wm. Kaluta, Tara McPherson
My two favourite aspects of the Fableverse to date are 1)the remarkable consistency of each volume and 2)the twisting around of fairytales. Unfortunately for me this particular volume had one of those factors but not the other with the quality of each story and the artwork changing from narrative to narrative.

This is perhaps an edition for those who want a taste of Fables before plunging into a long (currently) 18 book graphic novel series. The reason for this is that it features a variety of backstories to some of the lesser known Fable characters that would prove interesting to someone wanting to know a little more about the series - or a diehard fan (not the Bruce Willis movies).

Recommended for the afore mention parties. Not the strongest volume, I liken it to a patchwork of story without a set continuity, but it was interesting seeing some of the back-stories for key characters.