74 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Fables, Vol. 15: Rose Red - Inaki Miranda, Andrew Pepoy, Dan Green, Mark Buckingham, Steve Leialoha, Bill Willingham
One of the things I've appreciated most in what I've watched of the television series Once Upon a Time (aside from the family friendly nature of it) is that it played cleverly with old stories I was entirely familiar with. At its best, Fables does precisely the same.

In this volume the reader is introduced to the different backstories of Snow White and her sister Rose Red. At the same time, some little twists and curious elements in the story are explained such as why Wilbur has been haunting Snow and Red.

Again another great continuation of the series, with just enough twists and turns to keep this reader hooked in. The characters, the writing and all manner of different things work together to keep me wanting to read on. At least to the end of the arc...