71 Readers
103 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

THE SPOOK'S NIGHTMARE: BOOK 7 (THE WARDSTONE CHRONICLES) - JOSEPH DELANEY The Spook's Nightmare is the continuation of an incredible YA series by Joseph Delaney. The series itself follows Tom Ward who becomes the apprentice of the County Spook and learns the various methods of trapping and defeating the creatures of the Dark which inhabit the County. Overcoming beings from Boggles to witches is just part of the adventure. I must warn anyone who thinks these are simple books for thirteen to fourteen year olds that they are pretty dark and gruesome in places. After all there are many witches who use bone and blood magic for instance. Yet if you want a story where the forces of light ultimately triumph over evil no matter how grim things appear you will like this series.

I recommend however you begin at the start with The Spook's Apprentice. Or, if you live in America, The Revenge of the Witch. And I'm certain you will be hooked by the series. I certainly have so far. However do not read these after dark, things might get a little spooky.