74 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Justice League International, Vol. 2: Breakdown - Dan Jurgens, Aaron Lopresti
So, now that my spree of graphic novel reading (and pile of unread owned books is diminishing) I finally made it around to this particular graphic novel. Like the previous volume it has potential, great art (there are very few graphic novels these days lacking in the artwork department!) and a strong sense of how to entertain.

The story this time follows on from a bombing of the JLI as they were announced to the world. There are a few injuries and a death or so as a result and the team is left fractured and in disarray. In the midst of this new team members rock up (how convenient) and the whole team is able to take the fight to the villains responsible.

I won't do a full breakdown of the plot holes and so forth of this. I will simply say it was great entertainment and I don't regret this and the previous novel being part of my new (if small) comic book collection. In fact I wish we had more comic book stores in Melbourne near me like there were in the States. I really want a Superman and Batman t-shirt...

So yes, I do recommend these as entertaining if not amazing blow-your-eyes-out novels. Hopefully the final Iron Man graphic novel I have left, proves as entertaining as these was. Which reminds me that I really do need to save some cash up and go and splurge on some more Marvel comics in the city...and some merchandise like t-shirts. I love a good comic/literature based t-shirt.