71 Readers
103 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

The Atlantis Complex  - Eoin Colfer
Like the other books in the Artemis Fowl series I can see why people would love these books more than I do. I can also see why they'd hate them more than I do. Frankly, I'm tired out by more of the same old in this series. Sure there are the little changes but the characters are the same and it doesn't have the same energy as it did before. I did appreciate the humour though, which I hadn't noticed as much in previous books.

For anyone interested in beginning the Artemis Fowl series here's a review of the series to date:

1. Artemis tried to steal fairy gold
2. Artemis tried to steal back his father (and help fight with the fairies)
3. Artemis tried to sell fairy technology
4. Artemis lost his memories of the fairies and needed to get them back again
5. Artemis encountered demons, magical demons
6. Artemis went through a time paradox
7. Artemis turned nice and tried to stop global warming

In order my opinion on the series is kind of taking an overall bell curve with 3, 4, 5 being highly entertaining and nicely filling the niche of 'magical fairies with high levels of technology (and jokes)' unlike any other books on my shelves. Although I shouldn't put them next to The Spook's Apprentice which is filling the niche of 'warding off evil creatures and other magical beings that may be of the dark'. I do hear that the last book is finally out, so I may read that and see if the series concludes in some way at last. Merely because I'm a 'completionist' with book series I have begun.