74 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy - J.R.R. Tolkien I believe that The Lord of the Rings is one of the most brilliant stories created by a man who truly understood language, myth and legend. Many people will say that they love The Lord of the Rings because of the epic nature of the narrative. Others enjoy the minute details. I personally love this novel because it evokes childhood memories; more than that it still remains for me one of a few powerful fantasy novels untainted by human gratuity.

I personally cannot stand the way in which writers sully their imaginative works with gratuitous sexuality or violence (I don't want to read the things they're lusting over thank you!). Fortunately The Lord of the Rings needs neither to sell its story. It relies solely upon the power of words, imagination and a world which feels not dissimilar to our own. After all this was intended as a myth of England's history. The Lord of the Rings deserves its title, for it truly is the lord of literature to me.