73 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

1Q84 - Jay Rubin, Philip Gabriel, Haruki Murakami I forced myself to get a fair way into this a while ago and then stopped. To be honest I just couldn't read it - something about it was just too bizarre for my taste. Maybe it was the culture clash or maybe it was personal opinions but something about it did not work for me. Technically it was well written, technically it was a great mix of different genres and technically the plot was fine. I just cannot put my finger on precisely why I did not like it.

Perhaps I'll try another of his works but I won't try and read this again. As soon as I started skim reading I knew I was in danger of actually leaving the book unfinished but I just could not go on with this. I just cannot get along with the style and tone. So it is over between us my dear 1Q84. Hopefully you find more readers willing to actually peruse your voluminous reaches.

As such I do say that 1Q84 is a novel that people should try at least. Then if it does not agree with your personal taste that I must say is fine.