71 Readers
103 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

The Authority: Relentless - Warren Ellis While I certainly found the characters different to a degree and the plot lines with aliens also different something lacked in this graphic novel. It was one I simply drifted through going: yeah that's an alright idea, I like the interdimensional hub, lightning powers done before, supersoldier done before...

The characters are not typical heroes. They range from a spirit of the 20th century, to a Shaman, a nanotech filled Engineer, to a god of cities, to a solar powered being and a super fast intelligent supersoldier reminiscent of Batman. Yeah he even went by the name of Midnighter. Still their characterisation was different even if their powers and artwork was similar.

An okay graphic novel in summary but not great. I was reminded too much of a poor imitation of The Justice League in many ways. So I don't really recommend this unless you have nothing else to read at all.