74 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Prince of Persia - Tina B. Tessina;Jordan Mechner This graphic novel had some decent art and an alright story. My main issue with it however was the juxtaposition of the two main story threads which did not aid understanding until the very end.

The essence of this novel was two stories set in different time zones which interlinked to produce one story. However the way these two stories were told did not make for one fluent story. Instead I found myself confused by which story was running at once and by which character was which. The art was a little sketchy and did not aide me in providing clarity. I found myself double checking whether one roughly drawn character was the same as another.

In summary this is an interesting enough graphic novel but one which is let down by its plot handling. The plot here I felt demanded a more linear structure. Simply put this is no Memento with a Christopher Nolan style but rather a mash of different images which through conflict and confusion roughly come together to give some semblance of a complete storyline formed from two.