74 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Avengers, Vol. 2 - Brian Michael Bendis A highly entertaining and rollicking read. This may not match a four star classic novel in depth but it sure can equal it in terms of entertainment. And that is ultimately how I judge a book - by how much fun I had reading it. Everything else is just an additive to the book generally. Of course that is not to say that when I read a book full of depth I will naturally disregard it if it lacked as much of the enjoyment factor.

Those who are comics/graphic novel fans/who-cares-about-labelling will enjoy this one. It has a great assortment of some of the greatest heroes, a rollicking plot with some interesting twists. I won't spoil it but I will mention that it centres around the infinity gems. If that isn't enough for diehard fans to want to read then well - what will? For those who are wondering the infinity gems may just play a part in the next Avengers film if you've been to see the first already.

And that is all I have to say about this. An entertaining if short graphic novel with some great illustration. Marvel fans look for it with diligence (if you have a friend named diligence...)