71 Readers
103 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Much Ado About Nothing - Paul Werstine, Barbara A. Mowat, William Shakespeare Shakespeare is a genius, well he was anyway now I guess he's just a dead genius, but his genius survives in the form of his plays. And like many other of his plays Much Ado About Nothing is something to make much ado about.

It is a brilliant comedy focusing on relationships between individuals as they attempt to cause individuals to fall in and out of love. In short it could be read as an analysis of the human heart and the ways in which human beings are emotionally led. Its beautifully written as with most of the Bard's work and I recommend this although in my opinion it is not his greatest work.

I would much prefer to witness a play such as this on a stage yet the very fact it was enjoyable to read pays tribute to the brilliance of Shakespeare. Yet again the Bard triumphs.