71 Readers
103 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Hounded - Kevin Hearne A novel centered around a 21 centuries old druid named Atticus (an assumed name) O'Sullivan living in our modern world. So, like Percy Jackson enter an army of gods and monsters attempting to destroy his normal life. Including a few witches, goddesses, demons, werewolves and vampires the majority of which attempt to steal some magical sword from Atticus.

Although aimed more at adults this felt like a young adult novel. And while interesting enough I believe the concept has already been written much better in the Percy Jackson novels. Because to be honest this felt halfway between adults and teenagers in style. In effect placing it in a weird zone in terms of tone.

Unlike Percy Jackson this one novel did not feel linked into any massive story and its hard to see how the author can progress in the series. I for one am happy to leave it there. Sure I enjoyed the book and recommend it to paranormal fantasy lovers but I didn't enjoy it enough to make me want to read the next. And that is a little shame...