73 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee To Kill a Mockingbird is a simply astonishing text to read and enjoy. Perhaps the most astonishing thing about it is that it is the only book by the author. And yet there doesn't need to be any sequel or second novel by Harper Lee because this book is simply brilliant.

It's well written, the plot is warm and the text has real depth. Okay perhaps not real depth because that would indicate that the book is one three dimensional cylinder or cube. It's more of a three dimensional book which consists of lots of pages which are all rather more two dimensional. But now I'm being flippant.

This review is short. Well tell us something we don't know you say. But that's because I have no way of truly explaining the significance and the magnificent magnitude of the grandeur that is this work.

Because what this text is is brilliance. Pure brilliance with a sprinkling of warmth and truth. Not to mention characters that you want to pull from the pages and befriend. No book can attain true perfection. But those that near the pinnacle are special indeed. And To Kill a Mockingbird is nothing if not special.