74 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Reading progress update: I've read 115 out of 450 pages.

S. - Doug Dorst, J.J. Abrams

I just wanted to say that while this is one of the most difficult books I have ever tried to read it is also one of the most intricate I have seen in years. The various documents, the story and the overall work leads to this being a unique flirtation with language on the page! It's wonderful. I recommend that you buy it because I borrowed it and now I wish to own it for perusal in later years...

Also, I've noticed I don't appear to be appearing in the overall top Australian reviewers section on Goodreads anymore. And this is despite having more reviews than some of the people in there. I'm wondering if it just doesn't show my position on the list or if Goodreads have decided again that the easiest method to prevent dissension is to merely quiet the dissenters. A method which has never been effective throughout history - when you shut people up it merely reveals what you have to hide. Because contrary to popular belief, people are not dumb, blind or mute when threatened.