74 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

5 Newly Discovered Things

Here is a brief entry about five things I've recently encountered in life as a sort of update about where things are going.

5. My energy levels are dropping: I promise this is the one main negative, but it finally seems like my late night exploits (that reading as two overnight shifts a week in a row) are draining me of sleeping time and causing my sleep patterns to enter weird patterns. Hopefully I can work through this and hopefully it won't be for too much longer.

4. My love for learning: Uni is about to start on Tuesday and as a result I did go along one day for the end of the O-Week stalls. It reminded me just how much I love the pattern of going to Uni and studying and learning about literature and really just how much I love life. I'm psyched to see what happens in the rest of the year.

3. Studio Ghibli: It's become a new tradition to watch a film with this group of friends on a Thursday night and at the moment we're going through the anime works of Studio Ghibli (Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke were the first two) and I'm really enjoying them and the other anime I've been moving towards getting into. I just watched some of Cowboy Bebop and am about to try some Neon Genesis Evangelion.

2. Civilisation V: I recently spent some cash and bought this game. I am really, really loving playing it, with all the ways you can improve an empire with technology, creating religion, farming different resources, trading, making allies, crushing enemies...it's a great game. Although, so far I've been on the losing end of battles against Babylon and Assyria (despite crushing Mongolia).

1. New friends: I met some of these people about a month ago at one of my best mates' parties but its only in recent times that I've met up with them even more than usual. The gift of being able to drive around and have that little extra freedom allows for greater social movement in this regard...

And that's all for now, tune in next time for some of my crazy thoughts on all manners of things!