71 Readers
103 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Justice League of America: The Second Coming

Justice League of America Vol. 5: Second Coming - Dwayne McDuffie, Ed Benes I really liked the artwork for this book. I'm a huge fan of bold colours, super-heroines?, explosions, action and more colour. At times it became a story of 'everyone look at the pretty explosion' ready and go!

However the colours of the artwork again could not drive the plot. Sure it was a decent enough plot but compared to other graphic novels it lacked the philosophy, the moral dilemmas and the big grand pantheon style mythology. As such rather than being a story I'll look back on when/if I'm 80 and go 'Back in the old days I read some amazing novels. And Second Coming was among them.' I doubt I'll remember this book much beyond the next few days.

Do I recommend it? Well, yes and no. I recommend it as brain junk-food (as I recommend the Transformers trilogy) and I don't recommend it as a great story. Look elsewhere for your grand canvas stories.