74 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

Marvel 1602 - Neil Gaiman, Richard Ianove, Andy Kubert I once had a teacher remark how lowly they thought of graphic novels. And yet I believe that graphic novels are one of the more creative methods of generating stories for modern audiences myself. As such I am an avid fan of many of DC and Marvel's more brilliant story line arcs.

Having, with my typical flair, discussed my particularly good reasons for reading graphic novels, I shall now briefly review in particular Marvel 1602. Millions of readers, film viewers and pop culture observers know of and many love the famous characters of Marvel. They recognise Spiderman, Thor, The Fantastic Four, The X-Men: I could list more. Now what has occurred within the pages of this brilliant feast for the eyes and soul is that those famous icons have been relocated to the year 1602.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love historical events. For Neil Gaiman and the creative crew behind him to take those characters; characters of fantasy and science fiction; and translate them to a past era so effectively simply staggers the imagination. I tip my hat to the beautifully rendered story that is Marvel 1602.