74 Readers
106 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

30 Day Challenge

So, I know most people are doing this across the 30 days of October but I thought I might as well start now for the fun of it. I've done 30 day challenges on other blogging sites but never a book one. So here goes...

1. Best Book You Read Last Year

I have two which vie for the same position. The Way of Kings and Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. In terms of writing quality Titus Groan also is equal to or above these. I loved the magic of both novels, each had their own special magic systems and were blockbuster novels (literally at 1000 pages each). However each book had something that set them apart. For me Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell had far greater characterisation and worked really well as a period piece - despite being an alternate history. The Way of Kings worked very well as a set up piece for a massive sprawling new book series.

Reblogged from Always in Wonderland