71 Readers
103 Writers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

The Fun of Stories

Today in what was a day of fun and social wonder, I hung out with some close friends and watched Thor 2: The Dark World. I must say that it was an amazing film, a great spectacle and mix of fantasy and sci-fi and probably the most fun I've had watching a movie this year. And in the end that is what a good story can do: be pure fun! Obviously I love it when technical ability and enjoyment coincide but I'd love a good fun idea over a boring technical achievement any day.

Anyway, so while this is a Thor 2 appreciation post, it is also a post to say how much I appreciate a good fun story and a mix of genres. I would love to see more stories which are great technically and aesthetically but are sheer fun to watch, read and play. Why settle for one over the other I say! Because as a fan of so many different methods of storytelling I'd love to see more bold choices being made in how stories are done - with clear conviction in that storytelling.

I'd also love to see a proper media store which sold video games, movies, music, books and so on in the one store. It's annoying to have to walk between the few that sell each thing...