71 Readers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

30 Day Challenge

20. Favourite Romance book

Are we talking romance as in the romance languages? As in French, Italian, Greek and so on? If so I pick Les Miserables! And if not well you gotta love any Mills and Boon romance right? Well no, I don't. In all seriousness I love both Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre which are often considered 'romance' books. But I don't love them for the romance but for everything they are: the complete story. I'll admit I'm a romantic at heart, I feel it's impossible not to love poetry and not be in some degree, but for me romance isn't my number one looked for thing in a book and many 'wooooooooooooooooonderful' romances don't really do anything for me (for instance I think I was one of the small percentage of Hunger Games fans not really liking the romance. I did like the way it was used in the end and the relationship developments but I never read purely for romance. I look for good powerful stories in books first and if it has those elements as part of the all round story that is a good thing.

Reblogged from Ironic Contradictions