74 Readers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

30 Day Challenge

25. A Character You Can Relate to the Most

I think of all literature characters I can relate both to Sam Gamgee and oddly enough Mr Darcy in different ways. For Sam, the real hero of The Lord of the Rings it's the loyal friendship and determination to see the adventure to the end. Though he is a more reluctant hero in the end he has the courage to do what others could not and isn't afraid to back down from the truth or what is right. As for good old Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice it's not the unrequited love that I relate to so much. But what I do relate to is the idea of being misjudged because of very loyal friendships. As a person I am very loyal to my friends and sometimes this leads to that strength being a weakness of mistrust from others or of others, or of being perceived as naive. These are strengths and weaknesses in Mr Darcy's personality, though he is a touch more awkward socially than I am.

Reblogged from Ironic Contradictions