71 Readers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

30 Day Challenge

26. A Book that Changed Your Opinion About Something

While it did not really change my opinion I will say Oranges are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson. Mainly because it gave me a different perspective on an issue regarding religion's role or faith's role in determining issues of identity, sexuality or emotional disturbance and the danger of a claustrophobic worldview. While I may not have loved the way the novel was written it was a good eye-opener. I have been steadily reaching a point where my views can be expressed by this statement: Man Judges, God Loves. Where unfortunately the only one qualified to judge (and feel free to disbelieve my statements, they exist to show my beliefs not what you must believe) is God and God alone. And where man should learn to be more forgiving...

Reblogged from Ironic Contradictions