71 Readers
headspinningfromvagueness

Ironic Contradictions

30 Day Challenge

28. Favourite Title

I'm a fan of such titles as Gormenghast, The Knife of Never Letting Go and Cloud Atlas. For me I've never thought of a favourite title, but I do enjoy titles that are fascinating or have some meaning to the story. The catchy titles do that for me. Gormenghast is just an interesting otherworldly title that tells you about the fantasy elements of the novel. The Knife of Never Letting Go is a sort of word puzzle. You're told about a knife but also about the never letting go, which suggests that perhaps it involves violence or a war. But the knife is also more symbolic in that story. Then finally Cloud Atlas is an interesting title because it to me suggests how the story overall is like a map connecting various 'clouds' of short stories. And clouds have often stood for eternity, freedom and dreams.

Reblogged from Ironic Contradictions