I was prompted to do this by a friend who did so on Facebook, so this is what I posted there about myself:
1. I'm currently studying to become a teacher, which was not necessarily what I've always wanted to do with my life - but still sort of feels like it is
2. My favourite colour is blue (not just because I have blue eyes, but because it's the colour of oceans and skies, so there's a sense of freedom to that colour)
3. I talk...a lot...it's something my friends and family have learnt to put up with :P
4. I also read a lot. I must average at least 100 - 120 books per year, I do know I read over 200 in 2012.
5. My taste in music varies - I love anything from soundtracks of favourite films, to classic rock/Christian rock and more lyrical pop songs (some favourites include Switchfoot, Skillet, Red, Imagine Dragons, The Fray and The Script)
6. Speaking of which: my favourite film also happens to be my favourite book (Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King)
7. I love a good quote and/or pop culture reference, I may just throw them into things I say every so often
8. Another thing that I love is my sport - whether it's playing cricket, basketball or following the Hawks
9. I didn't always enjoy speaking in public, but I've come to enjoy it far more as a young adult!
10. I'm an ideas person - which helps in coming up with creative concepts for writing - unfortunately so many of those concepts never make it out of my mind
11. I have the habit of saying rumours or things I only half-know as if they are statements of fact
12. If you can get me on board for a project or plan (and if I see it through) then I will enthusiastically join in!
13. I'm an eternal optimist - I generally see the best in most situations
14. In connection to that, I'm also rarely very, very serious (except for serious things)
15. I'm not a fan of criticism, so as a result constructive criticism is something I do need in life
16. My personality type 'is ENFP': make of that, what you will
17. I work overnight shifts at the moment, it's done very crazy things to my sleep patterns
18. I think of myself as a 'big picture' person. I'm not super-analytical but I do analyse the 'whys' and 'why-nots' of situations and try to figure them all out (which is why I'm not too bad at working out connections between people or events)
19. Many of my ideas are often 'out-of-the-box'. I still think the perfect strategy for winning the World War is inviting all the world leaders to my city and then blowing up my city...
20. As a fun-loving person (over the detriment of work) I enjoy any kind of game (board game, video game, card game etc.)
21. If you make something a competition, I will want to compete as hard as I can - I'm not a quitter
22. I don't know what I'd do without my friends or my faith, they each inspire me to be the best I can!
And here are 8 more facts because I want to add something to this Booklikes Post
23. This year I've been to more movies at the cinemas than any other year in my life - including watching 4 movies twice
24. I'll try almost anything once - but then if I fail I'll remove the evidence that I ever even tried ;p
25. I lost a backpack that contained a shirt and a book - I was most cut up about losing the book than anything else (even though the shirt and backpack had sentimental value)
26. The best gift I have ever been given was a complete 1892 Works of William Shakespeare for my 18th
27. People are constantly telling me that I look or seem older than I am (I'm 20 for the record - but plenty of people I know seem to think I must be 4-8 years older)
28. I am quite guilty of being a procrastinator - I keep telling myself I'll get better at doing things earlier though
29. I do get distracted easily and in conversations I might bring up something that seems completely unconnected to the conversation, when in my own mind I found the loose threads and joined the ideas together...
30. I'm also a spendthrift - i.e., if I have money I tell myself I'll save it but then spend it on something I want just because I can. Not to say that I don't save, but my spending is far greater than my saving...